BiG Challenge 10 entries extended!
You now have an extra week to enter - fill in the form before midnight on Friday 28th October!
The tenth BiG Challenge is now open to all Secondary Schools and Colleges in Sheffield. Each team has the opportunity to design and grow a business from a £25 start up grant over two school terms, with a chance to win one of many awards including an all expenses paid, five day trip to an International destination!
How to enter
- Fill in the entry form before October 28 2016
- Your school/college’s nominated Enterprise Co-ordinator will receive an email asking them to verify you are an approved team
- When the Enterprise Co-ordinator has approved your team, your log-in and password will be sent to them by email
- Log in and make it BiG!
Entries are open between September 26 2016 and midnight on Friday 28 October 2016. Entries received after that time will only be accepted at the discretion of the Steering Group.
If you have any problems entering or using the site please contact your Enterprise Co-ordinator or if they cannot help you, email email@example.com
Make a Flying Start and win £££ for your team!
The Flying Start interim competition is now open for all teams to enter. These awards are for teams that can already show that they have promising ideas and that they are making progress towards turning their ideas into a business that makes money.
Thanks to our sponsors Yorkshire Bank, you could win one of SIX prizes: £150 for the winning team, £100 for the runners up, £25 each for FOUR other commended teams.
AND every team that enters will automatically get an extra point towards their Final Report, putting them one step closed to winning a prize at our Awards event in April - so there's really no reason not to give it a go!
How to enter
Using the following four headings, email your entry of not more than 500 words as a Word or PowerPoint document to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Friday 18 November
- Business idea
- Progress so far
- Orders or money so far
- Plans to make more before Christmas
And don’t forget to include your team name and school or college!
For full details and rules...
Need help with your website?
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the BiG Challenge, Harvey Morton I.T Support are offering teams the chance to get their websites analysed for just £5.
Harvey, whose business started in The BiG Challenge, is providing advice on the following:
- House Style - The colours, fonts (style, size and colour) and images that are used on your website.
- Layout - Is the content on your website arranged sensibly in a way that is appropriate for your target market?
- Use of Social Media - How well is your website integrated with your social media pages?
- Content - Will the content on your website leave your customers coming back for more?
- Interactive Content - Have you got any sound files, videos or other external content embedded on to your website?
- Ability to Generate Revenue - Ways in which you can start to generate revenue from your site.
All you have to do is visit this link and complete the checkout process: www.harveymorton-itsupport.com/big-challenge-10-website-offer